Top Five Alternative Wedding Venues
Perfect for those couples looking form something a bit less ordinary some locations to hold your wedding can be so delightful, full of opportunities to make your wedding your own.
- Above A Local Village Hall – always love to keep things simple and the local village is a place that can be made beautiful to photograph. These are cheaper to hire, can be easily found and offer great deals for mid week weddings. You have to be creative to pull it off and make it full of homemade details and handmade with love – See how Gitta and Sim’s hand fasting ceremony and uber creative wedding looked – full wedding can be seen here!
- Narborough Hall Gardens, Norfolk. This hideaway venue is definitely on my list if I was to get married again as I love the laid back atmosphere, you can get married outside plus lots of you can stay over and it is set in acres of woodland with lake, outside pool and the gorgeous log cabin. Have a look at Cat and Dan’s wedding here
- Port Eliot, in Cornwall home to the Port Eliot Lit festival, this is a stately home with an epic driveway that takes you away to another place as you meander down the Cornish lanes. This is my ultimate favorite place for an all out festival wedding, full of revelry and escapism. I love Cornwall as you know and this is the place that Zoe and Ross chose to get married earlier this year, see how they did it here.
- Muddifords Court Country House, Devon a place I have photographed many times, it is homely, relaxed and full of character with big barns and Shepherd huts too. I love it here as there are so many places you can hideaway and the owners are great fun too! Andrew and Beccy chose it for there wedding which you can see here and I am please to be back there next year too.
- Bottom The Barn, South MiltonDevon is magical as you can overlook the sea at South Devon, it’s like you are on you very own island far, far away. It has rustic charm, lots of character and the best bit is you can all camp out under the stars and go to sleep hearing the sea. Now that’s what I call a getaway wedding venue. Sian and Pete chose this lovely venue to have there wedding reception after a ceremony at Wembury Church you can see the highlights of there day here